Doro Secure 580 Mobile Phone
Shop Safely and Securely HearingDirect is secured by Comodo
The Secure 580 retains most of the features from the popular Handleplus 334 which it replaces. Other useful elements have now been added in the upgrade – including GPS data with SOS alarm, colour display with high contrast themes, splash proof and remote managing via the Doro Experience Manager.
Its simplicity makes it attractive to those who, for various reasons, may not otherwise be able to use a standard mobile phone. With only 4 speed-dial memory buttons on the front of the phone, it’s ideal for those who need a mobile phone for security but don't make many calls. On the back of the device is an ‘assistance key’ or SOS button. The Secure 580 cannot send text messages but it can receive them, and it is possible to set up an automatic reply to inform people that they will not get a response by text.
In summary, thanks to its well-spaced, tactile buttons, and a robust and splash-proof housing, the Doro Secure 580 is ideal for people with visual impairment, memory loss or who simply struggle with handling conventional mobile phones.
At HearingDirect we only supply "unlocked" phones; use your existing contract and phone number, start a new contract or just use Pay As You Go SIM cards – the choice is completely yours.
Please note: Doro Secure 580 only accepts a micro SIM card. If you do not have a micro SIM card, and wish to keep an existing contract and/or mobile number you will need to arrange a ‘SIM swap’ with your mobile phone network operator.
- 35dB voice volume (about 10 times louder than a standard mobile)
- 87dB ringer volume (about 5 times louder than a standard mobile)
- 7 Volume settings
- Tone control
- Visual ring indicator
- Assistance button
- Startup wizard - great feature which guides you through phone menu and functions
- Backlit keypad
- 4 one touch speed dials
- Phonebook: 4 names and numbers
- Receive-only SMS
- Assistance SMS with GPS position
- Safety timer
- Remote management feature
- 20 polyphonic ringtones
- Vibrating ringer
- Hearing Aid Compatibility Rating T4/M4 (3G), T3/M3 (GSM)
- Resolution display: 128*160
- Colour display
- Optional display modes for optimised for visually impaired users
- Display size: 1.8" - 28*35mm
- Handset size: 127*56*15mm
- Weight: 100g
- Battery included: 800mAh-Li-ion
- Talk time: up to 10 hours
- Standby time: up to 350 hours
- Universal charging solution
- GSM: 900/1800/1900
- Bluetooth™ 2.1
- Charging cradle and USB cable included
Doro is a Swedish company who aim to bring ‘a communication device for everyone’ to market. We think the Doro Secure 580 mobile phone is another important step closer to fulfilling that commitment.